ThunderElite is proud to announce that we will again be hosting a FallBall League for 2019-20 age teams.
*Will have age groups. 10u - 18u (this is the 10th year of the league)
* All games will be played at:Liberty Township Park and possibly 2 other local fields.
*The park has two covered pavilions with picnic tables, an excellent concession stand (reasonably priced), playground, and vast amount of team warmup areas.
* $100.00 deposit will reserve your teams spot.
*Must be paid in full by 9/1.
*Checks can be made out to ThunderElite Fastpitch. Send to address below
*Games will be double headers played on Sundays: 9/8, 9/15, 9/22, 9/29, 10/6.
*If your game is rained out on Sunday,it will be played on following Saturday. Every effort will be made make sure your games are played.
*If a rainout is not made up,the refund policy is: No refund for one rainout, then a $25/team per week for 2nd, 3rd, etc
*All games will actually mean something. On Oct 13thyour team will be seeded into a Tournament to crown the FallBall Champs in each age group
* Seeding will be determined by record. tie-breakers: head to head, runs allowed.
* Games will be 80 minutes DROP DEAD. Revert back to last complete inning for score. No ITB.
* Game times will be:1st double header: 9:30-12:20. 2nd double header:12:30-3:20. 3rd double header: 3:30-6:20. This is the only way to make sure we stay on schedule.
* Home team will switch after each game.
* Each team will be required to provide a new softball each week.
* 10 run mercy rule after 4 innings
* 1 Umpire per game
* You may bat your roster, free defensive substitutions, courtesy runner will be last out or sub.
* Be prepared to play 1/2 hour before start of your scheduled doubleheader
Call Jeff Steiner with questions or to get your team on the team list. We had 49 teams last year
THUNDER ELITE FASTPITCH PO BOX 636VIENNA OHIO 44473
LIBERTY TOWNSHIP PARK- 1201 CHURCHILL-HUBBARD RD. YOUNGSTOWN, OHIO 44505 (Fields #2, #3 and #4 on the schedule)
JONES FIELD PARK & RECREATION- 461 JONES ST. HUBBARD,OH 44425 ( Jones on the schedule)
HARDING PARK -- 249 ROOSEVELT DRIVE, HUBBARD OHIO 44425 ( Hubb 1 and Hubb 2)
TODD PARK- 1142 Washington Ave, Girard, Ohio 44420 ( Tod-H, Tod-L and Pony)
Rule Clarification for 2019 ...Drop Dead, Revert Back (DDRB)
--Before the 3rd out, if the home team has tied or taken the lead when the clock expires the inning is considered complete and the runs scored counts.
--Before the 3rd out, if the home team fails to take the lead before time expires, that entire inning does not count towards the final score. In other words, the score "reverts back" to the score at the end of the previous inning.
Let's all recognize that DDRB can cause confusion and some times teams can get "creative" in having the clock work in their favor. While the rules would support "stalling tactics" or the opposite...the spirit of DDRB for our Fall Ball league is to maximize the game time teams have to play their games and keep the remaining games on schedule.